Valentine's Day 2023


 Valentine’s Day 2023 was not ideal.

It fell on a Tuesday, during a busy week and once again with a lot of miscommunications about what to do and when. This year my cursi gift was going to be to send IV flowers, which I don’t think he’s ever received before. I had the idea of sending him a bouquet with a succulent and writing something about planting something together we could tend for a lifetime.

Instead he received a sub-par, boring arrangement that looked absolutely nothing like what I’d ordered. A late, resent bouquet. another failed delivery from what was supposed to be a premium service (thanks for nothing, FedEx) and finally, FINALLY this bouquet arrived a week late and to my own front door.

Now IV and I have matching arrangements in each of our apartments and I’m trying to work through how to stop Valentine’s Day from being a trauma anniversary date.

A story for another post.

Comments

Popular Posts